We are proud to announce the recent sale of 3902 W 148th Street, Hawthorne, CA 90250 in Bodger Park. We’re so happy for our clients Kevin and Stephanie on the purchase of their first home. This was a beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bath single family home with 1581 sq feet, great curb appeal and a nice tree lined mid block location. Congratulations!!!!
What are the reasons you should use a buyer’s agent?
With more resources available on the Internet, you may be considering buying a home without using the services of a professional real estate agent. After reviewing these 50 services an agent would typically perform for their clients, you may want to reconsider! Remember, agents don’t get paid until the home purchase is complete. It is their job to do the best they can to help you through a smooth experience, save you money and achieve your goal of buying a home.
- Analysis of your real estate needs and determine what housing areas and options might work best
- Research properties. As an expert in the area, the right buyer’s agent can get you detailed information about properties you’re interested in. Having a realtor that understands the differences between El Camino Village, Bodger Park and the surrounding areas of Hawthorne, Gardena and Lawndale can make a big difference.
- Send you listings that match your needs – the right agent understands what you’re looking for in a home and can send you custom email alerts whenever a new home in El Camino Village or Bodger Park, or other areas hits the market.
- Provide information pertaining to your move or relocation and short-term stay options
- Educate you about home buying processes. Buying a home has a lot of moving pieces…adding to an already stressful emotional and financial process. A good agent can guide you through the process
- Provide information on market conditions, schools, communities, employment, and more
- Discuss your financing needs and options
- Recommend qualified mortgage brokers
- Make appointments and show properties that works around your schedule. Open houses are great, but not every listing has them and sometimes a private tour is more beneficial
- Provide timely and professional disclosure and research on homes, markets and neighborhoods
- Home tour review: pros & cons of each property
- Point out important items while showing that buyer’s may overlook
- Follow up of loan application with your selected mortgage broker
- Help cleaning up your credit if needed
- Analyze purchasing timeline and needs once property is located
- Free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of a property in order to make an educated offer
- Call listing agent to get updates on property including interest, offers, etc.
- Create and send draft of the offer and prepare paperwork
- Research tax and title records
- Explain all paperwork before signing
- Collect proof of funds from buyer, preapproval letter, personal letter to seller(if warranted)
- Generate estimate of closing costs
- Write offer, send out for electronic signatures, provide verification to listing agent
- Review and explain final contract
- Submit contract and follow up with listing agent to confirm receipt and follow up questions
- Negotiate contract until mutually agreeable. Working with and expert negotiator can make all the difference
- Set deadlines for final acceptance by all parties
- Send the escrow company the executed contract and help get escrow opened upon acceptance
- Schedule and attend the home inspection
- Schedule and attend the termite inspection
- Recommend insurance agents to you
- Verify loan process has begun
- Obtain all seller and listing agent disclosures and explain documents to buyers
- Perform agent “visual” inspection of property
- Review home inspection findings with you. A home inspection (and the results!) can be scary especially for first time home buyers. A good agent can walk you through the report and explain the differences between thinks that need to be repaired or addressed, and updates and upgrades that buyer’s might like, but sellers may not consider
- Negotiate repairs if needed
- Help order an appraisal
- Assist to meet finance deadline
- Monitor and manage contingencies and contingency periods – financing, home inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Check on homeowners insurance
- Verify that the title agency has all necessary documents
- Follow up with the lender on all aspects of closing process
- Get information on utilities
- Schedule closing: time and place
- Review escrow and lender closing statement
- Arrange and attend a final walk-through
- Ensure that escrow has determined the funds to be brought to closing
- Coordinate between lenders and title company to determine amount needed
- Explain everything that happens at closing
- Arrange closing and access
- Give you the keys to your new home!
- Follow up after closing – homestead info and insuring that everything is going well in your new home and that you’re a happy homeowner!
There are costs of buying a home that go above and beyond the actual sales price. In the South Bay and El Camino Village, these are negotiated in the offer and most of the time the seller pays most of them. There are a few exceptions to this and as mentioned…it’s negotiated. The bulk of the buyer paid costs are loan related and usually include prepaid items and origination costs. See the current homes for sale in El Camino Village and Bodger Park
What costs are there?
Although most home buyers know they’ll be paying lender related costs, it’s good to have an understanding of some of the smaller fees and costs. Here is a look at some of the lesser known fees in buying a house that buyers should know about and budget for. One additional cost that both buyers and sellers generally pay for themselves is the escrow company fee. These costs are determined by purchase price so contact us for more information on what those costs will be.
Although not in El Camino Village, 4171 w 172nd Street in North Torrance is just down the street. From the wonderful curb appeal and the great location, to the upgrades and enhancements, it has it all. Drive up the tree lined street and pull up to a beautifully landscaped front yard and shaded front porch in a friendly neighborhood atmosphere. From the moment you enter you’ll notice the open and bright interior with a flexible floorplan to fit every lifestyle. This home boasts many impressive features, including a large open living and dining room with recessed lighting, hardwood floors, and sliders to the backyard and patio. The remodeled and spacious kitchen offers new granite counters, stainless steel appliances, ample cabinet space, roomy pantry, in kitchen breakfast area and opens to the living/dining areas. Two bright and beauitiful bedrooms sit off the front side of the home and share a beautifully remodeled full bathroom. The master bedroom addition is a spacious retreat with sliding doors to the backyard and private patio. The master suite offers walk-in closets, recessed lighting, a large master bath with tiled flooring, a beautiful shower and dual sinks. Enjoy the great year round weather in the landscaped grass back yard filled with flowers, fruit trees, and is ready for entertaining in the spacious patio area. Not for you? Search all of the homes for sale in Torrance.
- 4171 172nd Street, Torrance
- Priced at $735,000
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- 1,375 square feet
- remodeled throughout
- Grassy front and rear yards
The property located in a great neighborhood of Torrance with easy access to shopping, dining, freeways, the beach and a short distance to the South Bay Galleria.
If you would like more information on this beautiful home or would like to schedule a private showing please feel free to contact us.