The neighborhood of El Camino Village is somewhat made up. It’s a community name for a pocket of both Lanwdale and Gardena. Unlike some of the other nearby areas of Lawndale and Gardena, it has a more neighborhood feel with mostly one story single family homes on nice tree lined streets. There are only a very limited number of apartment buildings, duplexes, commercial etc. giving it a very upscale feel.
So How Much Of a Difference Does is Make in Gardena?
The numbers paint a pretty compelling picture. The homes in El Camino Village sell for far more money, hold their values better, are well higher price per foot and sell much quicker. Oh what a difference a few blocks can make.
El Camino Village (Gardena Section)
- 8 home sales in 2018
- The average home price was $652,875 and median sold price was $668,500
- Average price per square foot of $447 and median was $425
- Days on market average 24 and median of 9 days on market
All of Gardena (excluding EC Village)
- 389 home sales
- The average sales price of $524,245 and a median sales price of
- Average price per foot was $404 and median of $395
- Average days on market of 31 and median days on market of 14.
Single family homes in Gardena (excluding EC Village)
- 278 home sales
- The average sales price of $564,109 and a median sales price of $565,500
- Average price per foot was $433 and median of $429
- Average days on market was 31 and median days on market of 14.
See the same report for Lawndale compared with the Lawndale section of El Camino Village